By Christoph Fasbender
Read or Download Aus der Werkstatt Diebold Laubers (Kulturtopographie des alemannischen Raums) (German Edition) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
This is often the 1st book-length research to reconstruct the reports of the deserted heroines of the Heroides, that have been mostly neglected via previous feedback. Dr Spentzou seeks how you can isolate, symbolize, and free up the feminine voice and event inside Ovid's male-authored textual content. construction on a variety of historic in addition to glossy photos and reflections on gender and writing, the ebook makes an attempt to map the connection among gendered sensitivitiesand adventure and ordinary expression and offerings.
The 13th century observed this type of proliferation of latest encyclopedic texts that a couple of student has referred to as it the “century of the encyclopedias. ” Variously often called a speculum, glossary, or imago mundi—the time period encyclopedia used to be now not mostly utilized to such books till the eighteenth century—these texts have been prepared in this type of method reader might simply find a suite of authoritative statements on any given subject.
Diebold Lauber’s workshop in Hagenau produced hand-written illustrated texts within the first half the fifteenth century. in past times they've been studied in general on the subject of their serial creation. they're regarded as “nicely painted” yet with the wording mostly copied with little attention of its content material.
Known as variously the ’Byzantine epic’, the ’epic of recent Greece’, an ’epic-romance’ and ’romance’, the poem of Digenes Akrites has, due to the fact that its rediscovery in the direction of the tip of the 19th century, exerted a tenacious carry at the mind's eye of students from quite a lot of disciplines and from many nations of the area, in addition to of writers and public figures in Greece.
- Glossing the Psalms: The Emergence of the Written Vernaculars in Western Europe from the Seventh to the Twelfth Centuries
- Before Orientalism: Asian Peoples and Cultures in European Travel Writing, 1245-1510 (The Middle Ages Series)
- Desiring Truth: The Process of Judgment in Fourteenth-Century Art and Literature (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- The Contested Theological Authority of Thomas Aquinas: The Controversies Between Hervaeus Natalis and Durandus of St. Pourcain, 1307-1323 (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- Ancient History: Monuments and Documents (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World)
Additional resources for Aus der Werkstatt Diebold Laubers (Kulturtopographie des alemannischen Raums) (German Edition)