By François Bourlière,Clark F. Howell
initially released in 1964.
Read or Download African Ecology and Human Evolution PDF
Similar anthropology books
Orality and Literacy investigates the interactions of the oral and the literate via shut reports of specific cultures at particular ancient moments. Rejecting the 'great-divide' conception of orality and literacy as separate and contrary to each other, the members posit that no matter what meanings the 2 recommendations have are items in their ever-changing relationships to each other.
Societal association and Globalization in Cultural Anthropology Cultural Anthropology: a world standpoint offers scholars with an creation to cultural anthropology via a standard holistic and integrative approach. Organized by means of societal type, this book's primary emphasis is on utilized anthropology, with a powerful assurance of globalization.
Within the early Nineties, greater than 1. 6 million Jews from the previous Soviet Union emigrated to Israel, the us, Canada, Germany, and different Western international locations. Larissa Remennick relates the saga in their stumble upon with the commercial marketplaces, life, and daily cultures in their new homelands, drawing on comparative sociological examine between Russian-Jewish immigrants.
Ahead of the Thirties the highlands of Guatemala have been principally undescribed, other than in travelogues. simply twenty years later, the highlands had turn into essentially the most anthropologically well-investigated parts of the area. this can be principally as a result of examine that Robert Redfield and Sol Tax conducted among 1934 and 1941.
- The Oxford Handbook of Food, Politics, and Society (Oxford Handbooks)
- The Evolution of Human Co-operation: Ritual and Social Complexity in Stateless Societies
- Migration, Kinship, and Community: Tradition and Transition in a Spanish Village (Studies in social discontinuity)
- Aesthetics of Sorrow: The Wailing Culture of Yemenite Jewish Women (Raphael Patai Series in Jewish Folklore and Anthropology)
- Market and Society in Korea: Interest, Institution and the Textile Industry (Routledge Advances in Korean Studies)
- The Museum of the Senses: Experiencing Art and Collections (Sensory Studies Series)
Additional info for African Ecology and Human Evolution