By Misty M. Ginicola,Cheri Smith,Joel M. Filmore
Read or Download Affirmative Counseling with LGBTQI+ People PDF
Similar gender studies books
Regardless of renowned misconceptions, a few males do think in feminism and help the feminist flow. because the Nineteen Seventies, supportive males in North the USA, Britain, and Australia have released magazines, shaped anti-sexism organisations, and labored on quite a few feminist-inspired tasks. ^IMen Who think in Feminism^R examines and recounts the causes and techniques, the successes and screw ups, and the demanding situations and triumphs of these males who've labored to help the feminist circulate, wrestle sexism, and bring profeminist messages to varied audiences.
In Post-Queer Politics, Ruffolo appears on the paintings of Foucault, Butler, Bakhtin, Deleuze, Guattari and others in his inventive refocus at the queer/heteronormative dyad that has mostly fed on queer stories and modern politics. He bargains an intensive and intersectional new state of mind approximately category, race, intercourse, gender, sexuality and talent that extends past queer reviews to be really transdisciplinary in its concentration and political implications.
This examine goals to provide the 1st contextually distinctive account of the male gender anxieties and ambivalences haunting the tradition of Irish nationalism within the interval among the Act of Union and the founding of the Irish unfastened nation. To this finish, Joseph Valente focuses upon the Victorian ethos of manliness or manhood, the explicit ethical and political good judgment of which proved the most important to either the interpretation of British rule into British hegemony and the expression of Irish uprising as Irish psychomachia.
In SOS-Kinderdörfern weltweit leben und arbeiten Frauen, die als Mütter für (Sozial-)Waisen sorgen. Hier bietet sich die einmalige Gelegenheit, die Verberuflichung von Mutterschaft empirisch zu untersuchen. Im Rahmen einer Feldforschung in Österreich und Bolivien analysiert Sarah Speck die Praxis dieser Einrichtungen.
- Festivals, Feasts, and Gender Relations in Ancient China and Greece
- Engendering the Buddhist State: Territory, Sovereignty and Sexual Difference in the Inventions of Angkor (Routledge Critical Studies in Buddhism)
- The Perfect Servant: Eunuchs and the Social Construction of Gender in Byzantium
- Soldados Razos at War: Chicano Politics, Identity, and Masculinity in the U.S. Military from World War II to Vietnam
- Reading Lena Dunham’s Girls: Feminism, postfeminism, authenticity and gendered performance in contemporary television
- The Chevalier d'Eon and his Worlds: Gender, Espionage and Politics in the Eighteenth Century
Additional info for Affirmative Counseling with LGBTQI+ People