By Elizabeth Helen Melville
Read Online or Download A Residence at Sierra Leone: Described from a Journal Kept on the Spot and from Letters Written to Friends at Home. (Cass Library of African Studies. Travels and Narratives,) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Orality and Literacy investigates the interactions of the oral and the literate via shut reports of specific cultures at particular historic moments. Rejecting the 'great-divide' concept of orality and literacy as separate and contrary to each other, the members posit that no matter what meanings the 2 innovations have are items in their ever-changing relationships to each other.
Societal association and Globalization in Cultural Anthropology Cultural Anthropology: an international standpoint presents scholars with an creation to cultural anthropology via a conventional holistic and integrative approach. Organized by means of societal type, this book's primary emphasis is on utilized anthropology, with a robust assurance of globalization.
Within the early Nineties, greater than 1. 6 million Jews from the previous Soviet Union emigrated to Israel, the USA, Canada, Germany, and different Western nations. Larissa Remennick relates the saga in their come across with the commercial marketplaces, life, and daily cultures in their new homelands, drawing on comparative sociological learn between Russian-Jewish immigrants.
Sooner than the Nineteen Thirties the highlands of Guatemala have been mostly undescribed, other than in travelogues. simply twenty years later, the highlands had develop into probably the most anthropologically well-investigated parts of the realm. this can be mostly as a result of the examine that Robert Redfield and Sol Tax performed among 1934 and 1941.
- War in Ecological Perspective: Persistence, Change, and Adaptive Processes in Three Oceanian Societies
- Human Diet and Nutrition in Biocultural Perspective: Past Meets Present (Studies of the Biosocial Society)
- Investigating Cultural Aspects in Indian Organizations: Empirical Evidence (India Studies in Business and Economics)
- Drawn from the Ground: Sound, Sign and Inscription in Central Australian Sand Stories (Language Culture and Cognition)
- The Central Ethiopians, Amhara, Tigri?a and Related Peoples: North Eastern Africa Part IV: Volume 22
- Mixed Towns, Trapped Communities: Historical Narratives, Spatial Dynamics, Gender Relations and Cultural Encounters in Palestinian-Israeli Towns (Re-materialising Cultural Geography)
Additional info for A Residence at Sierra Leone: Described from a Journal Kept on the Spot and from Letters Written to Friends at Home. (Cass Library of African Studies. Travels and Narratives,)