By M. Latham
Read or Download A Poetics of Postmodernism and Neomodernism: Rewriting Mrs Dalloway PDF
Best british & irish contemporary literature books
Johnson himself wrote in 1782: 'I be aware of now not that i've got written any other thing normally counseled than the Lives of the Poets'. constantly well-known as a tremendous biographical and demanding fulfillment, Samuel Johnson's final literary undertaking can be one in all his so much readable and unique, written with attribute eloquence and conviction, and now and then with combative trenchancy.
Beckett and Levinas are of imperative value to serious debates approximately literary ethics. instead of recommend the protection of literary and moral worth within the wake of the WWII, this ebook argues that either introduced a sustained assault at the rules of literature, weaving narrative, and descriptive doubt via phenomenology, prose, and drama.
Throughout the 18th century medication grew to become an self reliant self-discipline and perform. Surgeons justified themselves as expert practitioners and set themselves except the unspecialized, hack barber-surgeons of early modernity. This name provides 17 essays at the courting among medication and literature in the course of the Enlightenment.
Among Wales and England is an exploration of eighteenth-century anglophone Welsh writing via authors for whom English-language literature used to be commonly a secondary trouble. In its method, the paintings interrogates those authors’ perspectives at the newly-emerging feel of ‘Britishness’, discovering them in lots of circumstances to be extra nuanced and not more resistant than has usually been thought of.
- Edmund Spenser's Irish Experience: Wilde Fruit and Salvage Soyl
- The Anthropocene Lyric: An Affective Geography of Poetry, Person, Place
- Men and Masculinity. The Presentation of Men and Male Relationships in Three Contemporary British Novels: Alan Hollinghurst's "The Swimming-Pool Library", ... Fidelity" and Irvine Welsh's "Trainspotting"
- British Women Writers and the Reception of Ancient Egypt, 1840-1910: Imperialist Representations of Egyptian Women
- Thomas Hardy and Victorian Communication: Letters, Telegrams and Postal Systems
Additional info for A Poetics of Postmodernism and Neomodernism: Rewriting Mrs Dalloway