By Ellen Cole,Esther D Rothblum,Anne C Herrmann
- the dating among the feminine physique and the meanings hooked up to it
- the other ways ladies inform their tales approximately tricky experiences
- negotiating the connection among getting older and sexual identity
- the body’s response(s) to the lack of organs that form/inform its history
- the connection among physique, identification, and disease
A hugely own, but theoretical, method of the adventure of menopause, A Menopausal Memoir explores how adjustments within the physique impact your sexual id, your relationships, and your emotions as a woman.
Read or Download A Menopausal Memoir: Letters from Another Climate (Haworth Innovations in Feminist Studies) PDF
Similar gender studies books
Regardless of renowned misconceptions, a few males do think in feminism and aid the feminist flow. because the Nineteen Seventies, supportive males in North the USA, Britain, and Australia have released magazines, shaped anti-sexism agencies, and labored on numerous feminist-inspired initiatives. ^IMen Who think in Feminism^R examines and recounts the causes and techniques, the successes and screw ups, and the demanding situations and triumphs of these males who've labored to aid the feminist stream, wrestle sexism, and bring profeminist messages to diversified audiences.
In Post-Queer Politics, Ruffolo seems to be on the paintings of Foucault, Butler, Bakhtin, Deleuze, Guattari and others in his artistic refocus at the queer/heteronormative dyad that has mostly ate up queer stories and modern politics. He deals a thorough and intersectional new state of mind approximately classification, race, intercourse, gender, sexuality and skill that extends past queer stories to be really transdisciplinary in its concentration and political implications.
This examine goals to provide the 1st contextually targeted account of the male gender anxieties and ambivalences haunting the tradition of Irish nationalism within the interval among the Act of Union and the founding of the Irish unfastened country. To this finish, Joseph Valente focuses upon the Victorian ethos of manliness or manhood, the explicit ethical and political good judgment of which proved an important to either the interpretation of British rule into British hegemony and the expression of Irish uprising as Irish psychomachia.
In SOS-Kinderdörfern weltweit leben und arbeiten Frauen, die als Mütter für (Sozial-)Waisen sorgen. Hier bietet sich die einmalige Gelegenheit, die Verberuflichung von Mutterschaft empirisch zu untersuchen. Im Rahmen einer Feldforschung in Österreich und Bolivien analysiert Sarah Speck die Praxis dieser Einrichtungen.
- That Pride of Race and Character: The Roots of Jewish Benevolence in the Jim Crow South
- Masculinity in Contemporary New York Fiction (Routledge Transnational Perspectives on American Literature)
- Baakisimba: Gender in the Music and Dance of the Baganda People of Uganda (Current Research in Ethnomusicology: Outstanding Dissertations)
- The Gender of Suicide: Knowledge Production, Theory and Suicidology
- The Mermaid and the Lobster Diver: Gender, Sexuality, and Money on the Miskito Coast
Additional resources for A Menopausal Memoir: Letters from Another Climate (Haworth Innovations in Feminist Studies)