By Dean Hammer
A spouse to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic deals a comparative method of interpreting historic Greek and Roman participatory communities.
- Explores a number of points of participatory groups via pairs of chapters—one Greek, one Roman—to spotlight comparisons among cultures
- Examines the kinds of relationships that sustained participatory groups, the demanding situations they confronted, and the way they responded
- Sheds new mild on participatory contexts utilizing different methodological approaches
- Brings a global array of students into discussion with each one other
Read or Download A Companion to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best practical politics books
In Transparency and Authoritarian Rule in Southeast Asia, Rodan rejects the thought that the 1997-98 Asian monetary trouble was once additional proof that finally capitalism can simply strengthen inside liberal social and political associations, and that new know-how unavoidably undermines authoritarian keep an eye on.
This quantity offers an updated exam of the conceptualisations, reasons, and results of partisanship, essentially the most primary thoughts in modern political technology. featuring a finished account and evaluate of partisanship in comparative empirical learn, participants to this quantity not just investigate prior literature during this sector, but additionally strengthen present debates.
Construction and maintaining cohesion is a compelling problem, specially in ethnically and religiously diversified societies. contemporary learn has focused on forces that set off backlash and exclusion. The lines of dedication examines the politics of variety within the other way, exploring the aptitude resources of aid for an inclusive team spirit, particularly political resources of team spirit.
This quantity comprises greater than forty very important articles on integrity and misconduct, biomedical examine, the social and disciplinary contexts of technology, learn within the social sciences, the social accountability of technological know-how and scientists, and different middle matters in study ethics. a brand new creation by means of the editor areas those articles of their old and conceptual context.
- The EU in UN Politics: Actors, Processes and Performances (Palgrave Studies in European Union Politics)
- Turkey’s Rise as an Emerging Power
- Politics in the American States: A Comparative Analysis
- The American Presidency and Entertainment Media: How Technology Affects Political Communication (Lexington Studies in Political Communication)
- Zhao Ziyang and China's Political Future (China Policy Series)
Additional resources for A Companion to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)